Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy Easter


Hi Everyone,

This quote from Barak Obama,came to mind this morning.

“Hope is not blind optimism. It’s not ignoring the enormity of the tasks ahead or the roadblocks that stand in our path.
It’s not sitting on the sidelines or shirking from a fight. Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it and to work for it and to fight for it.

What does courage mean to you? When were times when you seemingly had no more courage and it inexplicably came from nowhere?

I love the Bible verse in Joshua 1:7-9

 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

This verse has been extremely pivotal over the past year or so. Each morning was an intense struggle. In this struggle to keep up a "survival mode", I learned many things about God, myself, and my responsibilities.

God has principles that are guidelines and guide posts to life and the journey through it. These principles are found in His Word. I am finding out how to stand up under tough circumstances and have alot less pity parties (although there are times I would love one). We are not perfect and none of us are righteous. With this being said, not one of us are better than another.

I know that circumstances can be difficult and I pray for all or your trials to be conquered victoriously, but we owe it to ourselves to show up each day. Everyday lets make sure we are connected to the vine.
John 15:5
 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.


We can not do it alone. Knowing this is not as hard as we think as long as we know where to get help. 
Today I am working on my painting entitled , "Ruth" she is about 80% completed. The Bible personality of Ruth has long been an inspiration to me. She is the model of a strong, loyal, faithful woman that always gives more than she was asked as she took care of Naomi. Ruth was someone that trusted in God just as Joshua did. God richly rewarded her as He did Joshua. Although Ruth was a foreigner in the land of Israel, she became the great grand mother of King David (which is in the lineage of Jesus).
I hope that you all have a wonderful Easter.
Take Care,
Timothy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Will You Join Me and become a Visionary?

What Is Your Vision? Will You Join Me and Become a Visionary? "Ruth" Pastel on Wood 24x20" I know that in your...