Sunday, April 8, 2012

Knowledge is Awareness

Hi All,

I am very hopeful that your weekend was a wonderful one spent with family, loved ones and friends. This weekend I am working on my "Ruth " painting. I must have spent over 15 hours on her this weekend. In this stage its all about the beautification of the edges, the details and the color harmonies. It reminds me about our lives, our seasons in our lives, to be specific. In this painting, there have been many stages, or seasons.  In the first stage it was just an idea on a 4x6 inch sketchbook. Then the model posed and the drawing was on the board. It looked great. Then the under painting in black and white, and it looked great. At that point it was all rainbows, everything was going smoothly. All was smooth until the next stage.The color layers made everything look blotchy. Things did not look so hot! I stepped back and frustration, fear and panic creeped in.

Did something similar happen to you or is happening in your life? Your courtship, the early years in marriage were amazing and then the difficulty and challenges set in? Perhaps a job that started amazingly strong. Everybody loved you, you got raise after raise but now there are big changes at the office? Was there a panic? Did you stop and pray about it? Our first instinct is always to run and hide and maybe start over.

Did I start a new painting? Did I say to myself, it looks bad and I don't see how I can make this better? Like life, I stopped, relaxed and hung in there. I did pray of course because without God nothing is possible but with God all things are possible.


Psalm 23:3
"he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake."


Stick with the paintings in your lives. Please do not back down or run. Stand firm is what God told Gideon:


Judges 6:11-13
The angel of the LORD came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. 12 When the angel of the LORD appeared to Gideon, he said, “The LORD is with you, mighty warrior.”


We are mighty warriors of God and we will not back down because, greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. So I am spending my time making the painting of Ruth become more beautiful each day. When its framed and in the gallery, nobody but me and God will know of the days and nights that I anguished over its future. :)
Here is a seen from a Rocky movie that is inspiring to me:
God Bless You Guys,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will You Join Me and become a Visionary?

What Is Your Vision? Will You Join Me and Become a Visionary? "Ruth" Pastel on Wood 24x20" I know that in your...