Saturday, July 7, 2012

...to make room for what belongs.

Today was Saturday and today was one of the hottest days on record. It was over 100 degrees. I did not even leave the house. I stayed in the air conditioned studio and I worked on the current painting that is on my easel, "Esther" 24x36". I worked about 12 hours today on her.

With each day, she comes a little more in focus and towards the ultimate realization of my initial vision. This painting feels more like sculpting in stone rather than painting in pastel. This is because like stone, I am chipping away, refining, and removing what doesn't belong, to make room for what belongs.

Making room for what belongs....isn't that what we all do in our lives when we are at our most creative? To make room for what belongs means we brush ourselves off, to get our priorities straight, and reach past beyond our potential.

I am happy with today's progress; many aspects of the background and the face of Esther have an atmospheric quality that I want to achieve throughout this work. Each day is an adventure and I am eager to work. God's grace has given me inspiration and I honor Him with my painting.

7 comments:

  1. Great advancement... every step forward brings you closer to your vision, that is great. I spent this very hot day working on my photography, I also did not venture out in heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margaret, Its so great that you are pursuing your photography , (
    full force). I think you are an amazing photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AQTF

    I agree with you. Life sure is full of struggles to make room for what belongs stay forever. I can't wait to see your painting Esther to be finished. Hope you'll share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I'm in the process right now of choosing what should and shouldn't belong in my life. Its a hard decision. But I hope I made the right decision in the end. financial advisor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm looking forward to it. Keep up the good work. I know you are great. Nice one. Thanks for sharing. God bless you.

    dog training brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Will You Join Me and become a Visionary?

What Is Your Vision? Will You Join Me and Become a Visionary? "Ruth" Pastel on Wood 24x20" I know that in your...