Saturday, October 6, 2012

Esther is completed

My paintings are like chapters in my life. Each and every morning, I wake up to my easel to refine the crude beginnings, little by little, into finished, fully realized paintings. It takes about three months to finish a painting. I pondered why do I take so long? Then it occurred to me; its because I would try and cut corners and slack if I allowed myself to worry about the time element. If we are going to create anything of merit, time can never be a factor.

Her name is Esther. Her story is in the Old Testament Book of Esther. She was an orphaned Jewish girl in an occupied land. Her Uncle Mordecai took her in and took care of her.  During this time, the King of Persia had his men grab all the women (virgins) from all of his provinces, so he could choose the one most beautiful woman, inside and out, as his queen.

My painting depicts Esther, some time after she was taken to the palace, before she was chosen. Here she is scared and confused but trusting in God that God has a plan for her life.

Later in the Biblical account, Esther is chosen to be the Queen of Persia. In her obedience to God she is able to inform her king of a plot to kill all the Jews and save all of her people.

Esther 4:14 (NLT)
If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?”


Esther is very important to me. In my life, I too get confused as to why things happen to me. I wonder how can any of those things make any sense what so ever. However being a christian, I know that with God, there is always hope. Waiting on God is not easy. I like fixing things and striving to make life better. However God instructs us to know that He is God and to wait.

Psalms 130:6 (ERV)
I am waiting for my Lord, like a guard waiting and waiting for the morning to come.
This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.
Now its on to "Rachel". She is the third installment of my "Women of the Old Testament" series. "  "Rachel" is about waiting. Jacob waited 7 years for Rachel and the Bible says:
So Jacob worked seven years to pay for Rachel. But his love for her was so strong that it seemed to him but a few days.

Each piece of art work is a piece of me.
God Bless,
Timothy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Will You Join Me and become a Visionary?

What Is Your Vision? Will You Join Me and Become a Visionary? "Ruth" Pastel on Wood 24x20" I know that in your...