Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Time

“Dost thou love life, then do not squander time,
for that's the stuff life is made of.”
~Benjamin Franklin

Is not time the most precious gift that God has given us? Yet in life it's one of the gifts that are the most taken for granted. Do you want to write that book that you know that is inside you? Do you want to take that class or get that degree? I know the sayings, "I am so tired after my 9 to 5 job." The other one I hear a lot is , "I just don't have the time." Does this sound familiar in your own life?

My life spun in a direction of being a full time painter and a full time employee in customer service. For 8 hours a day, Monday thru Friday, I answer phones for a huge .com corporation. It's ironic that nothing could be further from my vocation of painting at my easel.

Does this give me an excuse for not painting because I am tired? It only increases my responsibility to extract from the day more time for my true vocation. I owe this to myself and the world.

Just as every beautiful gift of this life, sometimes you have dig for it as buried treasure. Thats what time is. Time is a treasure that we have to actively search, find, and carefully utilize everyday.

Can you go to bed an hour earlier and wake up an hour earlier? This way you would have at least 7 hours per week to work on what you have a passion for. Is it impossible to cut out some idle television time each day or maybe three times per week? Are your dreams worth it? These are questions that you need to ask yourself. I ask myself these questions and many others each day.
Dig for the treasure in your life. Time is such a profound gift. Go out and get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will You Join Me and become a Visionary?

What Is Your Vision? Will You Join Me and Become a Visionary? "Ruth" Pastel on Wood 24x20" I know that in your...