Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Composing our day

How do I compose my day? That is the question before me as I woke up this morning. My time slips away from me from one day to the evening. I know this also happens to you.

We know what activities, goals and past times that will build us up and buttress our spirits; However before we know it, an errand here or a television show here, and all of a sudden we are ready for bed. This would be bad enough if it is an isolated incident but it becomes a pattern of desperation.

How do we compose our day? We certainly have enough people telling us and demanding us to be at places at exact times and until the moment they demand. This we accept each day because if we don't, we lose our jobs, or we get a bad grade.

Tell me, how much more tragic is it that we lose our passions or our dreams? Tell me which is worse? This morning I ran to the train so I would not be one minute late and last night I watched a second one hour show rather than feeding my dreams.

Can we compose our day? Can we put our dreams and passions ahead of lesser activities and take it as seriously as not being one minute late for a train, going to a place that is not part of who we are? This is the question I am asking myself today. I would love to hear what you feel about this and some ideas you have to compose your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will You Join Me and become a Visionary?

What Is Your Vision? Will You Join Me and Become a Visionary? "Ruth" Pastel on Wood 24x20" I know that in your...