Friday, January 10, 2014

Desperately Seeking Tranquility

Today I was originally going to discuss stress but we can't go away from an idea. Today I am going to talk about peace of mind as it pertains to us creative people.

The misconception out there is that "the creative", just floats through life from one painting or poem to another singing la la la. You and I both know that we are often heavy laden with burdens just like anyone else. The compound of this is the fact that it effects our creativity and often gets in the way. Personal and professional lives are much more difficult for us the separate. These words from Jesus help me::

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? (Luke 12:22-26 NIV)

This is something I need to keep in front of my mind at all times, because in our 9 to 5 jobs we can sometimes fly on autopilot but not when it comes to our creative endeavors.  Not only does the art suffer, it often shuts down all together.

With all of this said, let's always move towards peace of mind and don't carry all the burdens on our backs. Jesus also said,

 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30 NIV)

Freedom of stress frees us to share the beauty within us to the world. The world sorely needs that. Do you agree?

God Bless,
Tim

1 comment:

  1. I do agree totally Tim, Christ upholds everything together and with Him we can get above any problem!

    ReplyDelete

Will You Join Me and become a Visionary?

What Is Your Vision? Will You Join Me and Become a Visionary? "Ruth" Pastel on Wood 24x20" I know that in your...